This primary season has been so long, it seems that a lot of people are forgetting that our ultimate goal needs to be to get rid of as many Republicans as possible.
So, let’s have a little fun, shall we?
Just yesterday, I was told just how sleazy Democrats were and how they have been the undisputed kings when it came to sex scandals. Of course, they mentioned the Bill Clinton impeachment for an admittedly salacious but consensual blow job. And of course, they always bring up John Edwards and Anthony Weiner, and it got me thinking; who really wins when it comes to sex scandals. No REALLY. Let’s look at them.
Let’s start with Democrats first:
- Ken Starr examined every bit of Bill Clinton’s alleged sex life and was able to come up with a single blow job from a woman in the Oval Office. And they only found out about it because she bragged about it.
- There’s Anthony Weiner, who is definitely a moron, but his “scandal” was posting pictures of his penis on social media, which hurt pretty much no one but himself and his wife.
- Then, there’s John Edwards, whose consensual affair produced a child. Not ideal, and no doubt hypocritical on some level, especially given his wife’s illness.
- Eliot Spitzer voluntarily resigned as New York Governor, after it was found out that he was hiring prostitutes. Again, consensual.
- Jim McGreevey blew up his career and his marriage to a woman by admitting that he was gay.
- As Governor of Kentucky, Paul Patton had an affair with a nursing home operator and apparently used his position to hurt her when the affair ended.
- Gary Condit had an affair with intern Chandra Levy, who was later murdered, although he didn’t do it.
- Mel Reynolds had sex with a 16-year-old campaign staffer.
- Kwame Kilpatrick was forced to resign for “sexting.”
- David Paterson had an extramarital affair while he served, but then, so did his wife.
- Anthony Villaraigoso had an affair with a TV reporter.
- Former Carter Administration Secretary of Transportation Brock Adams was accused of sexual harassment and sexual assault by eight different women.
- Paul Morrison, Attorney General of Kansas, had an affair with a staffer and tried to use her to get information about a DA who was running against him.
- Gary Hart had an affair.
- Chuck Robb received a “nude massage” from a former Miss Virginia.
- Utah Congressman Allen Howe solicited two prostitutes who happened to be cops.
- Barney Frank had an affair with a man who ran a prostitution ring from his home.
- Garry Studds had an affair with a male House page.
- Back in the 1970s, Neil Goldschmidt had a relationship with a 14-year old.
Now, I would never excuse any of these people, although I do think affairs and prostitution are between the people who engage in them and their spouses, if they have one.
Now, let’s take a look at the Republican side, shall we. I’l warn you; you’ll have to pace yourself. There is so much here…
- Dennis Hastert, who apparently raped at least four little boys BEFORE he was elected to Congress and then elected Speaker of the House.
- You have Mark Foley, who sexually harassed and may have carried on sexual affairs with several male pages, all but a couple of whom are underage. And he did so while he was actively trying to take away gay people’s rights.
- There’s Chris Myers – remember “rentboy”? He, too, was engaging in homosexual sex with male prostitutes, at the same time he was trying to hide his urges with anti-gay legislation.
- Phil Hinkle paid a guy to blow him while he was championing legislation to make such things illegal.
- There’s also Larry Craig, who swears he’s not gay.
- Florida State Rep Bob Allen tried to pay an undercover cop to blow him while he was working on ways to deny gays their rights.
- Phil Hinkle, an Indiana State Representative, paid a man $140 to have sex with him.
- Robert Bauman, one of the few Republican Reps from Maryland, solicited sex from a 16-year-old boy.
- James E. West was the Mayor of Spokane who was involved in an Internet gay prostitution scandal and forced to resign.
- Mississippi’s Jon Hinson tried to have sex in a House men’s room back in 1981. (No irony there, given current events, is there?)
- Ohio Representative Buz Lukens wasn’t just sent to jail for taking bribes, he was also arrested for having sex with a 16-year-old girl.
- Rudy Giuliani practically used Gracie Mansion as a brothel.
- Herman Cain faced at least three allegations of sexual harassment that we know of.
- Newt Gingrich was carrying on an affair with the woman who would eventually become his second wife while his first wife was fighting cancer, and he carried on an affair with a staffer WHILE he was leading the impeachment of Bill Clinton. He was forced to resign due to his activities.
- Bob Livingston was supposed to replace Gingrich, but it was found that he was involved in multiple affairs, so he chose to “retire,” making way for Hastert. What is it about Republican Speakers?
- Think John Boehner was a relief? Well, he was certainly better at hiding than his predecessors, but there have been rumors of numerous affairs as Congressman and then as Speaker.
- Christopher Lee was found picking up women on Craigslist.
- Mark Sanford, who was “hiking the Appalachian Trail” with a woman in Argentina on the taxpayers’ dime.
- John Ensign had a consensual affair and refused to quit, even though everyone wanted him to.
- David Vitter liked the DC Madam, and paid for prostitutes who would let him wear a diaper and treat him like a baby.
- Remember Jack Ryan? His wife was on Star Trek and she says he tried to make her do nasty things with him in public and divorced him as a result.
- Pennsylvania Congressman Bob Sherwood had an affair with a 29-year-old woman.
- Henry Hyde, for whom the Hyde Amendment is named, admitted to an affair “years ago.
- Bob Packwood was forced to resign after numerous accusations of sexual harassment.
- Orange County, CA Representative Ken Calvert was arrested while soliciting a prostitute.
- Dan Crane was censured by the House for having sex with a (female) Page.
- Not to be outdone, Gerry Studds was reprimanded in the same scandal, for having sex with a male page.
- Oregon state representative Matt Wingard was accused by a female staff member of “pressuring” her to have sex with him.
One of the few areas where Republicans are better than Democrats is on sex scandals. To make matters worse, they portray themselves as holier-than-thou “Christians” and people vote for them based on that. Note the number of closeted gay men above and keep in mind their party’s penchant for denying civil rights for gats, and you can also see that no one comes close when it comes to hypocrisy.
Yet another reason to vote Democratic this and every November.