It is just amazing to me that so many Trump voters seem to have no idea what they have done. Even those who meant well and only deluded themselves into believing they were just voting as a loyal Republican seem to have no clue what they have helped unleash. If that’s not bad enough, many of them keep on trashing President Obama and the Democrats, as if Republicans haven’t controlled Congress for six years.
Let’s put this in simple terms…
At the end of this week, we will be saying goodbye to the classiest, most down-to-earth president we have had in many years. President Obama and his family are the first First Family since the Camelot years of the early 1960s to make us proud of our choice in leadership. In eight years, there hasn’t been a single scandal and at no time has the President of the United States embarrassed us. Compared to his predecessor, it was like a breath of fresh air wafted through the government and we got a level of competence that was reminiscent of how most presidents used to be, at least since the Great Depression.
Now, on Friday at noon, we are handing the keys of the White House to a fake billionaire who not only hasn’t been vetted, but who has shown himself to be the most childish and petulant politician to ever occupy the corridors of power in this country. He has been accused of siding with the Russian dictator over the United States and he has often sided with Vladimir Putin over the actual patriots who put their lives on the line to get us the intelligence we need to keep our country safe. Donny cannot handle anyone saying anything negative about him and he can’t let anything bounce off him without responding. According to most accounts, he hates computers (“the cyber”), but he has discovered Twitter and cannot allow any slight against him to go without a response. He has embarrassed the United States repeatedly and he hasn’t even taken office yet. He’s a dumbass to the highest order and everyone who supported him, whether they voted for him, or they supported him by not voting for Hillary Clinton, is also a dumbass of the highest order. And yes, that means you, hardcore “Bernie or Busters” or belligerent Third Party voters. You’re just as responsible.
I think it’s time to remind everyone who voted for or supported Little Donny what they voted for. What this asshole stood for is what you supported or voted for. I don’t give a rat’s ass whether you think of yourself as a good person; if you voted for this asshole, you are just as responsible for what happens as anyone else.
- Many of you complain mightily that politicians lie too much, yet you threw your support behind an openly obvious liar, someone who is openly contemptuous enough of his supporters that he assumes that they are too stupid to know that he’s lying to them. If you voted for him, you basically proved him right, by the way. Either that, or all of your claims of caring that politicians lie to you is, ironically, a lie.
- You supported white supremacy. A key group of Donny’s supporters are white supremacists, including the Klan and groups like the Order. While you can claim that you yourself are not racist, it is not possible to claim you didn’t support racism. At no time during his campaign did he denounce their support; as long as they were willing to vote for him, he would not say anything negative. He even pretended to not know who David Duke was, even though he once denounced Duke in 2000, when he was considering a third party run then. Yes, that’s right; another lie.
- A lot of the rhetoric that Donny himself used was very racist and, on numerous occasions, he or someone from his organization either said something overtly racist or roughed up someone at a rally or other event primarily because of the color of their skin.
- You support the open hostility that Donny and his entire campaign demonstrated against people of Mexican descent. In his first speech as a candidate, he suggested that Latinos were rapists and thieves and he never backed down from that, except to claim that the president of Mexico was “really nice.”
- You support the full integration of “fake news” into our already moribund media landscape. Donny welcomes the support of the entire “fake news” industry, to the point that one of his strongest supporters was Steve Bannon, who is not only an active white supremacist but also a major proponent of fake news, as editor of Breitbart.
- You support the kind of offensive behavior that most of you would punish your children for. Donny openly mocked a New York Times reporter with a disability, to the point that he even made fun of the disability itself. Rather than apologize, which Donny never does, anyway, he has actually doubled down repeatedly and actually tried to blame this disgusting behavior on the disabled reporter himself.
- You support someone who has the childish belief that the most forceful rhetoric possible is how you show strength. Donny thinks that the best way to protect the country is by threatening every other country that doesn’t do his bidding. He actually thinks he can force Mexico to pay for a wall they don’t want just through the sheer force of his will.
- You support denying millions people access to doctors and healthcare and you support major increases in healthcare costs and major increases in your health insurance premiums.
- You support more death. Whether it is the killing of the Affordable Care Act (and dumbasses, “Obamacare” is the same thing), or increased terrorist attacks or more war or increased violent crime, you should know that Donny Trump’s policies will probably lead to a lot more death. Thus making your claims of being “pro-life” wholly ironic. You may save a few fetuses, but more children and adults will die.
- You support the proliferation of nuclear weapons, even among countries that should not have them. A generation after the GOP’s patron St. Reagan stopped the ridiculous proliferation of nukes, Donny is standing that notion on its head. He firmly believes that shows of strength are the only things that work to deter others from attacking us.
- You support incompetence at the highest levels of government. Donny is, without a doubt the least qualified politician that has ever been elected. Worse than that, he seems to have no intention of learning about how the job works. Worse, he works from a philosophy, that he himself has propagated, that looking competent means surrounding yourself with incompetents, and that is what will be running the executive branch of our government for as long as he’s in office.
- You support the most corrupt person to ever hold a high office in our government. This is a man who has tried like hell to hide as much as possible, but from what little we do know, he will be compromised in virtually every aspect of the job. Everyone who lives in a Trump Building will be in danger from terrorists or anyone else who wants to try to get his attention. His entire fortune is based on leveraging debt, which means foreign powers will be able to use that debt to gain ever more influence over our government.
- You support a president who is very obviously a Russian intelligence asset, at a time when Russia’s government has grown increasingly hostile to US interests and at a time when we need to foster a spirit of cooperation with the Russians in the Middle East. The Russian government is also among the most corrupt in the world and its people are among the worst off among industrialized nations.
- You support a weakening of human rights protections in this country and around the world. Not only do People of Color, LGBTQ people and Muslims in this country have a lot to worry about, but Donny has been openly hostile to nearly every organization in the world that protects human rights. He has been openly hostile to NATO and the UN and, as noted, he Is far too cozy with authoritarian leaders, often praising them for their supposed “strength;” a strength that he has said he hopes to emulate.
- You support someone with no concept of public service. Donny thinks he will be the “Boss of America” come Friday at noon. That has been obvious from the beginning. He has no concept that the presidency is the job of a public servant, who has to do the bidding of the people and not the other way around. Every idiot who supported Trump because he’s unlike any other politician, there is a reason why we elect and re-elect politicians to such a degree. The best politicians realize who they work for. Donny has never worked for anyone but himself and he has never taken direction from anyone. He is used to being “in charge” and he won’t be able to handle people denying him something he decides to do.
I don’t care if you think you are a “good person” and you “just wanted a change. I don’t care if you don’t like Hillary Clinton. I don’t care if you are sick of Clintons running government. If you did not vote for Clinton in this election, you supported Donny Trump for president and you supported everything he stands for. Perhaps you didn’t mean to, but you have to live with the results of your actions, not just the intentions. If you claim to be a “Christian” and you claim to be “pro-life,” you should know that a Donny Trump Administration will likely increase the likelihood of dying young and quite possibly of a violent crime.
I voted for Hillary Clinton. I can sleep at night. How about you?